Hires Ruler

Hires Ruler

Friday, November 8, 2013

Frostie Root Beer

Frostie Root Beer 

This is the brand of root beer I grew up with in South Dakota. I can remember working in the hot sun and then buying a 10 cent 12oz Frostie from a vending machine. Cold, smooth. Great memories.  I hope you enjoy this collection. I would love to hear from anyone that has something I do not have.

These are all new bottles that you can buy today. Mostly paper labels with an occasional plastic. Still the same great taste.

These are some of the older bottles. Still pretty easy to find them in the collectible stores. You do need to look for variations in the bottles.  Notice the second from the left has FROSTIE on the neck, where the third from the left is basically the same bottle but missing the neck label. I love finding these sorts of variations.

The bottles to the left are from the 60's and are what I drank out of as a youth. The right ones are newer.  There are still plenty of these out there to be found.

This is a treasure. I found it at an antique mall in Aurora Oregon. I paid $40.00 for it. My wife thought I was crazy until we found one that had just sold on eBay for $140.00. It is thin Plastic and about 18 inches tall. The thermometer still works great.

These are all new. The only old bottle caps I have are still on the Frostie bottles. I have not yet found any of the old ones in my searching. It is on my list of things to find.

I love the odd items I have found. I have yet to see a large mug. These are all medium to small. I love the small paper cups and the little toy bottles.

I have had several people send me emails of items that have or have seen. Keep those emails coming.  Thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment