Hires Ruler

Hires Ruler

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Michigan Collection

 This is the collection of the Allen family in Michigan. I am sharing it with permission of Cory Allen.  You can contact Corey Allen at clallendds@gmail.com.  There are some old and unique items. My thanks to Corey for sharing this.

A quote from Corey: We began collecting about 20 years ago when my parents bought a rootbeer stand (an old BK franchise) from my grandparents.  It was simply something we did for fun as a family and it allowed us to display the items at the restaurant.  We have not added much to the collection for many years as my brother and I left for college and then careers, but my parents still display most of what we have left.  Several items were sold when the restaurant was sold about 2 years ago.  The rootbeer stand was renamed to Allen's Rootbeer Drive In in Coldwater, Michigan and has now been renamed again to Short's but can still be found online.
















No comments:

Post a Comment