Hires Ruler

Hires Ruler

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Another Root Beer Collection

I get emails from people almost every week because they found this blog. Here is one great example.

Rob Garverick recently sent me pictures of his collection.  His email said:


Tom:

Thank you very much for providing a way for us root beer collectors to touch base through your blog.

Attached is a zip file containing 14 medium-resolution images of my root beer collection.  Feel free to use any of these and my name on your blog if desired.

I am a recently retired software developer who got the root beer bug as a teenager working at Detroit-area A&W drive-ins in the late '60s.  It has continued to be my soda of choice.  After several years in the Air Force, the collector bug bit me and I started keeping a bottle for each unique brand I encountered (I personally guzzled around 80% of the bottles you see in the images).  Then memories of my A&W years started flaring up so whenever I found something A&W-related and cheap in an antique mall I grabbed it. Some of the things I picked up from e-bay or got from friends.  My sister-in-law loves going to estate sales and she has occasionally found things. The Canadian baby mugs came from Ken Polsson, as did most of my knowledge A&W history.

Thanks again, Tom, and may the Lord bless you and yours!

P.S. I am also still married to my high school sweetheart.

-  Rob Garverick


Also, be sure to join our Root Beer Hunters facebook page to connect with other root beer lovers.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/103277635645/?ref=bookmarks



Please enjoy the below pictures of his collection.















No comments:

Post a Comment