Hires Ruler

Hires Ruler

Friday, January 16, 2015

An Iowa Root Beer Connection

Not long ago I received an email from a fellow root beer collector in central Iowa, Vince Payne.  He has every bit as big a collection as I have.  He is the first true Root Beer collector, other than myself, that I have met.

Over the holidays he and his wife came out to the Denver area and I had him come up for a visit and a tour. It was a great 2 hours of fun.  He left with a few items I had that he did not. Well yesterday I got a package from him with some treasures in it that I did not have.

It is really fun to have found another collector and be able to share a few items with each other.  Here are some of the things he sent me.


 If you check out my post on MUGS you will see I have a pretty large collection. So getting the above three new ones is a treat.  Now I am out of shelf space and will have to add another one


These four cans put my can collection at 160 different cans.


I already have a small keg of 1919 Root Beer so getting this jug and the above mug is a nice addition.

I also got a tiny bottle of Root Beer flavoring and a couple Richardson bottles caps I did not have.  Thanks Vince.

If there are any other root beer collectors out there, please send me a note. I can hardly wait until I go east again so I can stop and see what Vince has.

No comments:

Post a Comment